A vision plan is not the same as health insurance. Some health insurance plans provide routine eye exams as a preventive coverage especially for children under the age of 18. Other health insurance plans only cover exams if you have medical symptoms and/or medical eye conditions such as Dry eye, Diabetes, Glaucoma or Macular Degeneration.
We are able to look up your out of network benefits for most vision plans such as VSP, EyeMed, Blue View Vision and Davis Vision. North Country Eye Care also gives 10% off to patients using their out of network benefits and we submit the claim for you.
Because we provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans depending on your individual needs. Here are just some of the plans that we accept:
Why should I choose an out of network provider?
Your vision plan does not choose the providers on their panels based on any criteria such as education, patient reviews or peer reviews. Instead their only true criteria is how low of a reimbursement is the doctor willing to take. If your only concern is the cost of your vision care, then your vision plan is ideal for you. However if quality of your care, products and knowledge of your doctor and staff are important factors in you decision, you may find it better to choose an out of network provider. Here is a list of top reasons many of our current patients choose to use their out of network benefits to see us.
- We are able to see you at a convenient time for you.
- Our doctors and staff take the time to explain your prescription needs, eye conditions and provide a tailored treatment for you.
- The quality of your frames and lenses are chosen by our experienced opticians based on quality and value they offer and not by your vision plan who happens to own many frame manufacturers.
- All of our frames and lenses have unconditional warranties and our patients always have a 60 day satisfaction guarantee with the purchase of new eyewear.
- Our doctors and staff are committed to improving our patients quality of life by maintaining good vision throughout their life.
Medical Plans we Accept
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- United Health Care
- Health Plans Inc
*NH Medicaid – NH Healthy Families and Ambetter, but NOT Wellsense.
Vision Plans we Accept
- Eyemed Vision Care
We accept EyeMed for routine eye exams and contact lenses.
We are able to look up and file out of network benefits for many plans such as VSP and Blue view vision. Remember you can use your health savings accounts towards glasses and contact lenses as well.
Are you looking to use your vision plan, but not liking the choices and restrictions they offer?
Vision Plans are businesses that charge patients and doctors to negotiate reimbursements and fees for eye care such as exams, contact lenses and eyeglasses At North Country Eye Care, we believe that patient care is best provided when it involves you and your healthcare provider and not a third party like an insurance company or vision plan. It is our commitment to provide the best care to all of our patients.
Contact us and you can use your out of network benefits to get the care and vision you want and not what your plan has negotiated with your Doctor. At North Country Eye Care we believe your doctor and optician should help you make decisions on your vision care, frames and lens choices and not your vision plan. Being an out of network provider allows us to submit your benefits, but not be restricted by the rules and regulations of the plan about your product and care. Stop by our new office and see how you can utilize your vision benefits.
If your employer offers a Health Savings Account, you may find it better to place your vision plan premiums into an account that can be used for a variety of healthcare issues including glasses and contact lenses. These HSA accounts allow you to choose where and what products you want.
Some of the benefits we offer that your plans often don’t are:
- No fault warranties on frames (one to two years depending on line)
- No fault warranty on your lenses for two years
- Use of the latest in lens technologies such as Mystyle lenses
- Time to spend on you. Finding out what your needs are and recommending products that would provide the best solution.
- Choice of frames. Often your plans require or incentive the Doctors to use certain companies that are often owned by the vision plan.