Vision & Medical Insurance - Best Eye Exam & Family Eye Care in West Lebanon, New Hampshire
Having a vision plan and choosing an optometrist who participates in your plan in West Lebanon, New Hampshire will help you receive the most insurance benefits to pay the least out of your pocket for your eye care. At North Country Eye Care our eye doctors have excellent credentials and are experienced in family eye care. Our patients are satisfied with their eye exams.
North Country Eye Care in West Lebanon, New Hampshire provides eye exams and contact lens eye exams in West Lebanon, New Hampshire. North Country Eye Care accepts most vision insurance plans and provides expert eye care services. Our office is open on Saturdays, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Why should I choose an out of network provider?
Vision plans accept providers on the basis of how low a reimbursement they are willing to accept and not on criteria such as quality of care, customer reviews or experience and knowledge of the provider. We feel that our patients deserve and want a higher level of care than vision plans will cover. Here is a list of top reasons many of our current patients choose to use their out of network benefits to see us.
- We are able to see you at a convenient time for you.
- Our doctors and staff take the time to explain your prescription needs, eye conditions and provide a tailored treatment for you.
- The quality of your frames and lenses are chosen by our experienced opticians based on quality and value they offer and not by your vision plan who happens to own many frame manufacturers.
- All of our frames and lenses have unconditional warranties and our patients always have a 60 day satisfaction guarantee with the purchase of new eyewear.
- Our doctors and staff are committed to improving our patients quality of life by maintaining good vision throughout their life.
- We are able to file your claim for you to get reimbursed out of network benefits from your vision plan.
- You can use your Health Savings Accounts towards your exam, eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- We are able invest in the latest technologies to help detect and treat vision problems.
Medical Plans we Accept
Your medical insurance may have transferred your routine eye care to a vision rider such as VSP or EyeMed. If you would like to know if you have coverage through your medical plan or if it is through a vision rider, please let our office know. We will need your insurance information to check this for you. Some vision riders we are not in network with and your routine visit may be out of pocket if we are not able to bill medically.
What is the difference between a medical and routine eye exam?
A routine eye exam is usually associated with the refraction. This is better known as the prescription determination for glasses or contact lenses. We also screen for potential eye health conditions and look at your current eye health which can be a reflection of your general health.
Medical exams would be utilized if you have a current eye health condition we are monitoring or if you are having symptoms of a medical eye condition such as loss of vision, red or painful eye, flashes of light, floaters or are taking high risk medications that could effect your vision. If you have questions about the type of exam needed, you will want to discuss that with the Doctor.
Diabetic eye exams are considered a medical exam even if you have a routine benefit. Frequent eye exams are a key part of your diabetic management and our doctors will work with your primary care physician to monitor your condition.
Because we at North Country Eye Care provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans depending on your individual needs. Here are just some of the plans that we accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- United Health Care
- Health Plans Inc
*NH Medicaid - NH Healthy Families and Ambetter, but NOT Wellsense.
Vision Plans we Accept
- Eyemed Vision Care
We accept most EyeMed plans for routine eye exams and contact lenses, but would have to file out of network for glasses. You can check the EyeMed site to see if we are in network with your plan.
We are able to look up and file out of network benefits for many plans such as VSP and Blue View Vision. Remember you can use your health savings accounts towards glasses and contact lenses as well.