Making a decision about your eyewear goes beyond good vision and makes a statement about who you are. Your decision affects how you see and also how you want to be seen by others. But with so many different styles to choose from, getting the right look for your face and your lifestyle can be overwhelming. Here at North Country Eye Care, we don’t just sell glasses. It is our responsibility to educate and inform patients on the best options for their lifestyle. Having the right eyewear can improve your quality of life in many ways. Stop by our office and have a consultation with one of our ABO certified opticians.
LensesNorth Country Eye Care provides the latest in optical lens technology from Hoya. If you are looking for the best vision for your new eyeglasses, come in and let us show you how the latest in lenses will provide clearer and wider fields of vision.
Your new lenses from North Country Eye Care also come with a two-year no-fault warranty.
Hoya lenses with Anti-reflective coating are the most scratch resistant in the industry and are standard on any lens purchased at North Country Eye Care. Without AR coating your vision would be reduced under all situations, but especially at night and low light.
We use the following progressive lenses depending on your prescription and visual needs.
Mystyle: These are the most custom made lenses in the world and are created with your lifestyle in mind. You will be asked about what you do for work and play to create a lens that was made specifically for you. This lens is great for people who have had troubles with previous progressives or have stronger more challenging prescriptions.
Lifestyle: This is the primary lens choice at North Country Eye Care and provides great vision without some of the custom features of the Mystyle lens. This is still considered a premium lens and is a great choice if your prescription is mild or you have been happy with your current progressives.
Array: If you are budget minded this is one of the best value progressives on the market. This lens is created using some of the latest lens technology but is not as custom as the Lifestyle or Mystyle lenses. This lens is good for the budget conscious who want to see what freeform lens technology can do for your vision.
If you have special needs for your lenses or frames, we are able to work with all types of prescription issues. We welcome you to come see our frame selection at North Country Eye Care.
We think you will find we have a large selection of the latest fashion trends as well as unique eyewear that provide great fashion as well as function. Some of the designers we carry are Vera Wang, Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, Hugo Boss, Jhane Barnes, and Penguin.
We also are proud to carry the Masunaga eyewear line. This product is handmade with the best materials from Japan. Masunaga is perfect for those looking for elegant eyewear that always stays in style and lasts. We are the exclusive optical shop in the upper valley for this product.North Country Eye Care has a wide selection of sunglasses including Smith, Carrera, and Maui Jim. We can have these made in prescription as well as non-prescription for our contact lens patients.
Sport glasses: Do you need glasses or sunglasses for fishing, cycling, skiing, golfing or shooting? North Country Eye Care carries eyeglasses that will help enhance your performance through vision. We are able to help you decide what vision options will work best for you whether it be contact lenses or specialty eyewear. Stop by the new office to seek the advice of our optical staff.
Here are links to some of our frame and lens partners:
You can click on the logo to see if that designer has an online catalog to browse frames. We are able to order any frame you see online if it is not currently in our inventory.
We have carefully chosen to offer the best lens products in the world by partnering with Hoya. Our opticians stay informed on the latest technologies from lens manufacturers such as Essilor/Varilux, Zeiss and Shamir. Staying up to date with lens manufacturers allows us to make the best choices in providing our patients with the best vision possible.
If you choose to purchase your eyewear elsewhere, but would like to have us service them. We offer the optical service plan that can be reimbursed from some online providers such as Warby Parker.
Optical Service Plan
Our Optical Service Plan is included with any eyewear purchased here at North Country Eye Care. If, however, your eyewear was purchased elsewhere, the Optical Service Plan is available for an annual fee of $50. The plan includes the following benefits:
- Consultation from one of our opticians on the best way to fill your prescription, including lens materials, lens design, frame materials and frame style.
- Fitting measurements. We use digital measurements for optimal accuracy when making your eyewear.
- Verification of the prescription after your glasses are made. We will check the eyewear to ensure that they meet national ANSI standards.
- If needed, we will provide a prescription re-evaluation by one of our doctors.
- We will provide minor repairs, such as nose pads, replacement screws and temple tips.
- Your eyewear will be adjusted to provide you the best vision possible as well as optimal comfort.
- You will receive $50 towards your next eyewear purchase in our office.
Some online eyewear providers understand the importance of having your eyewear serviced and will reimburse you the Optical Service Plan.
North Country Eye Care vs Online
Many patients wonder what the difference is between ordering glasses online versus purchasing them at our optical shop. The value of eyewear is a function of several factors. Here is a list of the 10 best reasons to have us fill your prescription.
- Trained opticians: Having nationally certified opticians ensures we will fill your prescription exactly as your doctor has prescribed. We have one of the best trained staffs in the country.
- Optical Consultation: Your optician is trained to give advice on lens design and frame fashion.
- Frame Quality: We take the time to find the best quality and most fashionable frames available. The materials from which they are constructed and the manufacturing process are contributors to the frame quality.
- Lens Quality: We use the most advanced lens designs with Hoya’s EX3 coating, which makes our lenses twice as scratch resistant as average lenses. Hoya lenses also provide a clearer wider field of vision.
- Measurements: Maintaining the most current instrumentation and education for our opticians allows us to take measurements that provide the clearest vision possible. Click here to see our measuring device
- Lens Warranty: Our lenses have the best scratch resistance available and carry a no-fault warranty for two years.
- Frame Warranty: Our frames hold a minimum one or two-year, no-fault warranty, depending on the designer.
- Customer satisfaction guarantee: If, for any reason, you are unhappy with your prescription or your frame choice, you have 60 days to make an exchange or receive a refund.
- Prescription verification: We make sure that your prescription was created at the lab the way the doctor prescribed and to national standards. Be aware that the eyewear offered by many online retailers do not meet national standards.
- Eyewear adjustments: We provide complimentary adjustments and minor repairs for the life of your eyewear purchased with us. Great fitting glasses provide the best vision and comfort.