We want to inform you about actions we are taking to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 at North Country Eye Care. While we are always careful to maintain clean and safe office, we are taking extra precautions to strictly maintain the high standards of cleanliness at our practice, and we are following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For the health and safety of our staff and other patients, we kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment if you are sick, have recently traveled, or have been exposed to anyone who is sick. Please contact us if you need to reschedule your appointment and we will be happy to accommodate you. Thank you for helping us to maintain the good health of our patients and our eye care team.
Our practice is taking the following steps:
- We sanitize all equipment and patient contact surfaces after every use and again at the end of the day.
- Our team wash their hands and/or use sanitizer after contact with each patient and throughout the day.
- Writing implements are rotated and cleaned frequently.
- Any team member who has symptoms of illness will be told to stay home.
- We continue to offer free shipping for annual supplies of contact lenses and are working with our contact lens supplier to offer low-cost or free shipping of less than annual supplies to patients’ home or workplace. We are also offering to ship eyeglass orders at no additional cost to patients who choose this option.
During this time, it is important for us all to remember to focus on things we can control. Taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is important for the welfare of our patients, staff and community. This is something we take very seriously. For information and updates on COVID-19, we recommend reviewing the information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/index.html
While this situation is evolving rapidly, we expect to continue to see patients though our hours will be changing for the short term. We will announce any future changes on our website, Google, and Facebook as well as by email. We encourage you to contact our practice if you have questions or concerns.
Thank you for your trust in us for your eye care needs.
Best wishes from Dr. Stegen, Dr. Eid and the North Country Eye Care team!